Explores the enhancements that Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 3 brings to each phase of the photographic workflow.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Hey, welcome. My name is Chris Orwig. I'm a pro photographer, and I'm a teacher. I'm on the faculty at the Brooks Institute in Santa Barbara, California, where we are right now, and it is a really beautiful, rainy and foggy morning. Here, what we're going to do is explore how we can use one of the best tools for post production, Lightroom 3. In particular, we're going to focus in on the new features that are most important to us that will help you create even more compelling and engaging photographs. We'll start off by looking at the import dialogue, and with the import dialogue, we'll look at how this has been completely redesigned, and this new redesign will help us more efficiently, and even more creatively bring in our photographs into Lightroom.
We'll also explore how we can publish and export right from Lightroom directly to photo sharing sites like Flickr. Another thing we'll explore is how we can work with cropping our photographs and quickly flip the orientation of the crop. We'll examine how we can use the point curve in order to have more precise or exact control over different areas of our photograph. We'll explore how to optimize or back up our catalogs, and then we'll take a look at how we can add watermarks to our photographs in order to protect them. Well, as you can see, there are a number of really exciting, new features inside of Lightroom 3, and it is a distinct honor and privilege to partner with you in this training adventure.
Thanks for joining me on this one. Let's begin.
- Importing and managing photos and video clips
- Improving efficiency with enhanced collections
- Applying sharpening and noise reduction
- Mastering the enhanced adjustment brush, graduated filter, and vignette features
- Improving images with the Point Tone Curve
- Adding audio to slideshows
- Creating custom print packages
- Importing on-the-fly with tethered shooting
- Publishing photos to Flickr
- Publishing to a smart folder and smart photoset
- Upgrading Lightroom 2 catalogs and working with legacy images
- Making and working with creative watermarks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Importing to the Library
2. Library Workflow
3. Exporting from the Library
Publishing to a folder5m 11s
4. Adjusting Image Quality in the Develop Module
5. The Slideshow Module
Adding audio to a slideshow5m 16s
6. Creating Custom Print Packages
7. Tethered Shooting
8. Working with Catalogs and Legacy Files
9. Additional Lightroom Enhancements
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.