Learn the best techniques for creating stunning, high-contrast black-and-white landscape photos in Lightroom.
- [Voiceover] Hi. I'm Taz Tally. Welcome to creating Black-and-White Landscape Photos with Lightroom. During this course, we'll cover how to create high-quality eye-catching black and white landscape images from color images using Adobe Lightroom, and prepare them for output. First, we'll explore the fundamental concepts, tools, and workflow we'll use to convert color images into black and white. Then I'll show you some basic techniques for creating high-quality black and white images. Next, we'll use more advanced tools and techniques that provide us with even greater control over our black and white creation process, allowing us to achieve the exact look that we want.
We use histogram and info tools to help us evaluate the initial tonal distribution in an image. Then I'll take you to the tools, techniques, and processes of adjusting tonal distribution that will allow us to affect dramatic improvements in the brightness and contrast of an image that will result in the creation of stunning high-contrast back and white images. Finally, we'll review fine tuning of our images and preparing them for exporting and printing. I am eager to help you begin creating your own eye-catching black and white landscapes, so let's get started.
- Understanding channels
- Measuring and adjusting brightness, contrast, highlights, and shadows
- Working in the Develop module
- Fine-tuning contrast with tone-based adjustments
- Adjusting color
- Making mask-based adjustments
- Sharpening, sharing, and printing