Photoshop principal project manager Bryan O'Neil Hughes shows how to transform color photographs into black and white with Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop.
- [Voiceover] Hi, my name is Bryan O'Neil Hughes, and I'd like to welcome you to Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop. We're gonna talk about how to select the best images for black and white, and then I'll show you how far you can take them in Lightroom, not just for one image, but a lot of images. We'll talk about fine-tuning those in Lightroom, and then how Lightroom and Photoshop can work together. From there, we'll move over to Photoshop, and get much further into selective edits and tricks with layers. We'll even go a little bit further with video and some special third-party plugins.
So I hope you enjoy yourself with Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop. Let's get started.
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.