Learn how to use Lightroom to convert a photo from a wedding or any other event into a black-and-white image worthy of framing.
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jan Kabili. Welcome to "Enhancing a Black-and-White Wedding Photo in Lightroom." In this course, I'm going to walk you through the process of starting with a color wedding photo, like this one, showing you everything you need to do to change it into a black and white photo, like this one, as well as a tinted version of the black and white, like this. Along the way, we'll learn a lot of techniques for working with black and white photos in Lightroom, including adjusting tonal values, bringing out texture and detail, controlling conversions of particular colors to grayscale values, tinting a black and white photo, and outputting high-resolution photos from virtual copies.
You can use the techniques that I show you here to improve your own black and white and wedding photos, too. There's lots to cover, so let's get started, with "Enhancing a Black-and-White Wedding Photo in Lightroom."
- Converting to black and white
- Fine-tuning with a tone curve
- Controlling how colors convert
- Painting with light
- Bringing out detail in the dress and veil
- Removing hotspots
- Adding a vignette
- Sharpening, resizing, and exporting the file