Learn how to add important metadata to your images that will help you find and filter your library, process images and video, and export, email, and share photos—all from within the powerful Library module in Lightroom.
- Welcome, my name is Chris Orwig. I'm a photographer, author and educator, and welcome to this series, Lightroom 5 Essentials. You know, Lightroom has quickly become one of the most dominant image-editing tools in the world. And if you're curious to learn why and to discover how you can use Lightroom to improve your workflow and your photographs, well, you've come to the right place. The goal for this series is to cover what you need to know in order to begin to achieve professional results. In this installment, the second in our series, we'll be looking at how we can manage, organize and access our photographs and video files in the Library module.
This is a course that will really help you to develop a more effective workflow. We'll be covering a range of topics in this course. Let me highlight a few. We'll talk about how we can use flags, stars and labels in order to rate or rank our photographs. We'll also look at how we can filter and find our images based on the flag, star or label. We'll look at some workflow techniques like how we can organize images into collections or how we can take advantage of the map module which allows us to group images together based on the GPS data.
We'll look at how we can work with video files right inside of Lightroom; how we can view, edit and publish those video files. We'll explore how we can add some important metadata information, like keywords or copyright information. We'll look at how we can take our images in Lightroom and open those up in Photoshop. We'll explore how we can export and publish images to a hard drive, CD, DVD or email directly from right inside of Lightroom. We'll also look at how we can upload photographs from Lightroom to social media sites like Facebook and others.
Well, we will be covering all of these topics and more. So without further delay, let's begin.
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.