Takes an in-depth look at sharing your images with Lightroom 4 via prints, email, or the web.
- Hello, I'm Tim Grey. I've spent the last 15 years helping photographers master the digital photography workflow. I've written over a dozen books, hundreds of magazine articles, and I've presented workshops and seminars around the world. Through all of these methods of teaching, I've shared my own photographic images and in this video workshop I'm going to help you learn to share your photographs in a wide variety of ways using Lightroom. I'll start out showing you how to set up some of the key settings and options related to sharing your images and how to select the images you want to share with others.
I'll then show you some of the basic methods for sharing images including publishing photos on Facebook and Flickr as well as sending images via email. Next, we'll take a look at the new option for creating photo books in Lightroom 4. You'll see how you can quickly create a basic book but also how you can exercise tremendous control fine tuning the layout for your book. At the end of the process, you'll see how you can submit your book project directly to Blurb for printing or how to generate a PDF document for printing from another source.
We'll then examine the many options for creating digital slideshows featuring your photos including the ability to create a video slideshow that you can post online or otherwise share with others. As photographers, we tend to think of sharing in the context of printing our photos, and Lightroom makes it easy to create a variety of different print layouts. That includes the ability to print contact sheets, individual images, picture packages, or custom layouts featuring multiple images. Finally, we'll see how you can create a web photo gallery and then post it automatically to your own website with just a few clicks of the mouse.
My primary motivation for capturing photographic images is to preserve a memory of something I feel fortunate to have experienced. But I also very much enjoy sharing those memories with others. So join me as we explore the many methods for sharing photos through Lightroom. We'll have lots of fun along the way.
- Selecting images for sharing
- Using collections for sharing
- Creating a watermark or identity plate
- Publishing and exporting
- Creating photo books and slideshows
- Printing photos
- Web photo galleries