Learn how to reach beyond the capabilities of your camera through a combination of smart shooting strategies and post-processing techniques. Learn how to focus stack images, create panoramas, and blend exposures for HDR photos.
- Hi, I'm Justin Reznick, and in the following course we're gonna explain the limitations we encounter when using a camera. Now, I love being able to express myself artistically or document certain scenes, it's such a great tool. But it's limited in some of the things that it can do, and there's three major things I want to explore with you. The first is focal blending or focus stacking. There are certain scenes where the camera is not able to get everything in focus, so I'm gonna show you what to do in camera and what to do in post, combine those two strategies to create perfectly sharp images, front to back.
Next I want to explore the aspect ratio. Now this camera sees the world in two by three, but I don't, sometimes I see a giant panorama before me. So I want to show you, what do we do in camera, and what do we do in post to make that vision come true? And finally I want to explore high dynamic range photography. The camera doesn't see as well as our eyes do, and so we need to be able to capture the fine detail and shadows and highlights using techniques in camera, and again in post, to put it all together.
Let's get started.
- Focus stacking
- Post-processing a focus-stacked image in Photoshop or Helicon Focus
- Creating high-res panoramas in camera
- Editing panoramas in Photoshop
- Exposure blending for HDR images
- Editing and processing an exposure blend