Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Warping: Liquify & Puppet, part of Lightroom and Photoshop CC Photography Workflow Strategies.
- One of the things that people go…to Photoshop for is direct manipulation of an image.…And it's inherently a pixel-based operation…because it's all about distorting pixels.…With this image here, it's actually a PSD…that I've created before in Photoshop.…And I'm just going to send that over to Photoshop.…And the integration is so good that we can see…that this was originally a multi-layered document.…I've already used Quick Select and Refine Edge…to select this guy and isolate him from the background.…
And I want to show you a couple of really cool things…that you can do to a photo using the tools in Photoshop.…One of them is the Liquify filter.…And you can do all sorts of absurd things with Liquify…like push pixels around, but where it's most often used…is to make slight corrections to an image.…You have a restore brush here, and we can come in,…and we can restore that really easily.…You'll often see retouchers, you see this a lot in fashion,…where people will use Liquify for moving a stray hair,…or water, or fabric.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshopwith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 39m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.