Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Vignette and dehaze, part of Lightroom Classic CC: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Narrator] All right, so we talked…a little bit about removing vignetting,…next I want to talk about adding vignetting,…because a lot of the time it can be a way…to bring focus to a your subject in the center of the frame.…So, let's take this image of the horse here,…you can use just about anything,…but it works especially well…when the background doesn't matter as much.…And as before, I'm going to hit D…to pop into the develop module,…and down here in my effects,…I have all of these controls…over post crop vignetting.…And essentially what post crop vignetting means is…that if I had a vignette, or remove a vignette,…that effect will then be applied only to the cropped image,…and I'll show you how that works in just a second.…
So, here's how I apply this effect.…I apply it really strong to start with.…That helps me visualize the edges of it.…So, I'm going to take that way, way down here.…If I wanted to brighten the corners,…I could do it in the other direction.…I'm going to darken that quite a bit,…I'm going to bring the midpoint in to the edges of my subject.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.