Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Utilizing presets effectively , part of Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop: Black and White Photography.
- OK, so we've done a lot of different things to this image.…Let's step back and take a look.…To do that, in the lower left-hand corner,…we've got a nice Before & After toggle.…We can see where we started with our color image,…and where we opened up, toned,…corrected our black and white image.…It looks so much better, so different.…When I want to get back to my standard view,…I'm just gonna click in the far left-hand corner…and there's my image.…Now, let's talk about reusing all of our hard work.…There's a few different ways to do that.…
If I were to hit the g key…and come back to my Library,…if I wanted to just copy the content of that image…to, say, this one of the water tanks, I could command-click…and come over here and say Sync Settings.…They're already highlighted.…I could just say Synchronize and this image is gonna take…on all the characteristics of the other image.…It's gonna give me a great place to start from.…If I want to reset that, of course, I could just come…over here to Quick Develop and say Reset All.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.