Once you complete your shoot, you’ll have lots of images to sort through. This two-pass rating system for Lightroom will help you identify the best quickly. In this video, Derrick Story explains how.
- [Instructor] Our portrait shoots…can yield a lot of images, right? (laughs)…And that's because we get excited, right?…We're trying these different poses.…Sometimes we do burst mode.…Next thing you know, you got a whole bunch of shots.…And we're looking at Ashley's shoot right here,…and we have 102 frames.…And that's way too many for me to…spend post-processing time on.…What I want to do is narrow it down to a handful of shots,…do my image editing on those,…and show those shots to her.…Now we can always add more later on if we need to,…but we don't want to spend too much time…at the computer with this photo shoot.…
So I use the two pass system to do this.…And basically what I do is the first time around,…I give it two stars if I think it's a potential keeper,…and if it isn't, then I give it no stars.…So it's either one or the other.…And we're looking at these in grid mode…right now in Lightroom.…So you can see as we go through the shoot here,…here's a two star.…Here's a few that didn't make any, and here's a two star.…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.