Top-of-the-line smartphone cameras include special portrait modes to soften the background and improve lighting on the subject. In this movie, Derrick Story shows you how they work.
- [Instructor] When we do portrait work…with our smart devices, a lot…of different options are available these days…and especially the smartphones that have dual lenses,…and what the manufacturers are doing…is that they are using both…of those lenses along with a lot of software…magic to allow us to create these portrait modes,…and they are quite good, I mean,…they are actually quite good.…We are looking at one right here.…Let's take a closer look.…So when I capture this image with an iPhone 10,…that's what this is, in portrait mode,…then I have the look right away,…in other words, I can see the studio light effect…that's applied, but then the iPhone also allows me…to apply different effects too,…and I can do that either here on the phone…or I can do it on my computer later in Photos,…and this is with the iPhone and Apple ecosystem,…but we have a lot of options with the other devices as well.…
Let me show you a little bit how this works.…So here's the shot right here, and let's go to edit mode.…And you see that when it's captured in portrait mode,…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.