Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using keywords to organize your library, part of Learning Lightroom 4.
Keywords are subject matter tags that you can add the photos and video clips…in the Library module.…If you're consistent about keyword tagging, it can be the most effective thing you do …to ensure you'll find particular photos later when you need them.…In the Library module, you can create keywords at the same time that you apply…them to photos or you can come up with them ahead of time.…First, let's see how you can create and apply keywords at the same time.…Now that I've selected a Source folder, I'm going to collapse the column on the…left by clicking in the bar over there and then I'm going to go over to the column…on the right and I'm going to click on the title bar of the Keywording panel and…the Keyword List panel to open both.…
I'm going to select some photos in the Image window to which I want to apply keywords.…I'll click on this one, I'll hold the Shift key and click on this one to…select all in between.…To create and apply keywords at the same time, I'll go to the Keywording panel,…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.