Once you complete your shoot, you’ll have lots of images to sort through. This rating system for Photos will help you identify the best quickly. In this video, Derrick Story explains how.
- [Narrator] If you've watched any of the earlier movies…you know that I like to use something called…the two-pass rating system to whittle down…my shots from a photo shoot.…And that means going through all the images twice,…first time doing yea or nay,…and then the second time looking…at the yeas and doing the ones…that I like best out of that group.…Now, with Capture One Pro and Lightroom,…they have star system built into the application,…so that's where we picked up that conversation.…
You can do this with photos from Mac OS,…but we have one additional step.…Now, the good news is it's only a one time additional step.…And once you do it,…then you can also do the two-pass rating system…with this application.…And this is a great application for everything else,…so why not set it up, right?…Let me show you how to do it.…What we use is keywords and filtering,…and when I say filtering I mean this type…of filtering over here,…and I'll show you how that works in a minute.…
But what I'm gonna do is I'm gonna hit command+K…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.