Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Quick Develop, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
In this movie, we'll talk about how we can begin to work with the quick develop panel…here in the library module. We'll be working with this folder of images.…It's titled wedding. We'll start off with this picture, which…is wedding-5. This is a photograph that I captured at a wedding.…And this is the raw file as it appeared straight out of the camera.…And if we want to modify the way the image looks in the library module, we can…navigate to the quick develop panel go ahead and click on its name.…We have a few different controls that we can use which allow us to change the color…the exposure the contrast etc. Let's start off here at the top.…
The first option allows us to work with presets.…Now, I'll talk more about presets in a subsequent movie.…So for now, let's go ahead and skip ahead to white balance.…White balance allows us to control the overall color of the image.…And we can change the color in the photograph by clicking on this pull down…menu here. Here, you'll notice we have a number of…different options. You know each different type of light or…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.