Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Publish Services to export photographs to a folder, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Another way that you can speed up and optimize your workflow when it comes to…exporting your photographs, is by taking advantage of the Publish Services panel,…which you'll find in the Library module. In the Library module, first what you'll…want to do is select a photograph or two and then navigate to the publish services area.…If you open up this panel. You'll notice that you can publish…photographs to different areas. For example, you can publish to a hard…drive or to other online services as you can see listed here.…Well, let's first begin by talking about how we can publish our photographs to a…specific place on a hard drive. To do that, what you want to do first is…click on the SetUp button. This will take you to the Lightroom…Publishing Manager. The first thing you want to do is, give a…name to this publishing service. I like to give this my name or my…initials, so I'll just go ahead and call this Chris Orwig HD for hard drive.…
Then we want to export to a specific location.…And what you'll notice is that all of these areas that we have here, these are…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.