Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Using the Histogram to evaluate tones, part of Learning Lightroom 4.
Let's continue to explore how to process a photo using the controls in the Basic…Basic panel in the Develop module.…In the last movie, I showed you how and why to use the White Balance controls.…Once you've done that, I recommend you move straight down to the next section of…the Basic panel which is a section that contains the Tonal controls.…These controls are very powerful and they have a big effect on the image.…So, before we start using this, I want to make sure that you have your…Histogram panel open because that will help you to evaluate the tonal issues…with the image as it stands and to see what the various controls are doing to…the image as you use them.…
If your Histogram panel isn't showing, then click this triangle to reveal it.…If you're not familiar with the Histogram, it's a bar chart.…The right side of the chart represents the brightest possible tones in an image…and the left side of the chart represents the darkest possible tones …with all of the grey tones across the chart.…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.