Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Using Fast Load DNG, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Now that we know a little bit about the benefits of working with the DNG format,…let's take a look at a few preferences. And also a few techniques that we can use…in order to convert our images to this particular format.…Now before you actually start to work with DNG, one of the things you want to do is…navigate to the preferences dialogue. Here we'll navigate to Lightroom and then…select Preferences. In doing that, this will open up our…Preferences dialog. What you want to do is navigate to the…area which is called Final Handling. When you click on that tab, you have some…options when you covert your images to DNG upon import.…
Now here, what you want to do is typically leave the default settings on as is.…Yet let me talk through what our options are here.…In regards to extension, I typically like to have lowercase extensions, so I choose…the lowercase option. Although both or either of those options…will work well. For compatibility, you want to double…check to make sure that you're using the bottom option here on this list.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.