Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Updating your software, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
Photoshop's Camera Raw plugin and Lightroom work together to facilitate the…process of editing a file, in both Lightroom and Photoshop.…When your versions of Lightroom and Camera Raw match up, that process can be seamless.…When they don't match up, things can get more complicated.…The best way to avoid mismatch issues is to keep your software updated.…Now that doesn't mean you have to run out and buy new software, even though…that couldn't hurt.…In many cases the free updates that are released from time to time by Adobe will do the trick.…So here's some practical information about how to see which versions of…the software you have, including which version of Camera Raw you have, and how to update.…
Updating your Camera Raw plugin to have the latest version that supports your…version of Photoshop is a good idea.…If you are curious about what versions of Camera Raw and Photoshop are installed…on your computer, here is how to find out.…Open the latest version of Photoshop that's installed on your computer.…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics