Up and Running with Lightroom 5
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom has become a popular program for photographers of all experience levels. In this course, photographer and teacher Jan Kabili provides an approachable introduction to all its capabilities. The course begins with a look at how to import photos from a camera and from a hard drive, describing how the Lightroom catalog works along the way.
Then you'll learn key ways to manage your photos in Lightroom, from reviewing photos after a shoot to working with Smart Previews when your photos are offline. This part of the course covers making collections, adding keywords, and much more.
Next, the course introduces the Lightroom Develop module and its features for improving a photo's appearance, including adjusting tone and color, cropping and fixing perspective, converting to black and white, reducing noise, and sharpening. It explores how to make local adjustments with the Adjustment Brush, Radial Filter, Graduated Filter, and Spot Removal tools. The course ends with a look at the most commonly used Lightroom features for sharing photos: exporting, printing, and sharing online.
- Importing photos
- Viewing, sorting, and selecting photos
- Reviewing and rating photos
- Finding photos with keywords and filters
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Fixing perspective with Upright
- Adjusting color and tone
- Targeting edits with the Adjustment Brush
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Exporting and printing photos
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jan Kabili. Welcome to Up and Running with Lightroom 5. This streamlined introductory course is designed to help you get started using Lightroom whether you're an amateur photographer or a pro. I've structured the course to follow a typical photographer's workflow starting with importing photos and videos into Lightroom. Then we'll talk about managing your photos in Lightroom's Library module where you can rank photos after a shoot, organize photos into collections, and add key words. Then we'll dive into the important Develop module, learning how to make global corrections to color and tone and how to make targeted local edits.
We'll look at cropping, fixing distortions, reducing noise, and sharpening. And we'll finish up with an introduction to some of the ways you can showcase your work from Lightroom including exporting for the web, printing, and sharing to social media. There's lots to cover so let's jump right in to getting Up and Running with Lightroom 5.
Lightroom 5 Essentials: 04 Develop Module Advanced Techniques428,900 Views
Lightroom 5 Essentials: 03 Develop Module Basics273,710 Views
Lightroom 5 New Features313,644 Views
Noise Reduction and Sharpening in Lightroom and Photoshop148,233 Views
Migrating from Aperture to Lightroom98,581 Views
The Practicing Photographer1,780,276 Views
Foundations of Photography: Exposure5,762,725 Views
Lightroom CC Essential Training (2015)1,128,423 Views
Photoshop CC Essential Training (2013)3,292,538 Views
Foundations of Photography: Composition3,630,745 Views