Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Trimming a video, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
Almost all of the video files that you'll work with here in Lightroom, will need to…be trimmed. So, let's take a look at how we can do…that in the Library module. We'll be working with this file here, so…let's take this to the Loop view. To do that, press the E key.…Here in the Loop view, we have this playback component and in the clips that…we'll be working on in this movie, these were captured of my daughters playing at…the ocean, down at a beach near where we live.…And what I want to do, is trim away some of the content that I don't want.…So, here I'm going to play just a few seconds of this.…We can see my daughter Sophie, there, jumping in the waves, and then next we'll…see my daughter UNKNOWN trying to ride one of the waves, with her body board.…
So here I'll go ahead and be quiet, so that we can play and watch a brief section…of this clip. Here goes.…(SOUND) Alright, well there you have it some fun down at a local beach and I…captured this video clip with my iPhone, I was just having some fun.…Yet still, what I want to do, is trim this, so that I can use a shorter segment…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.