Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Touring the Develop module, part of Up and Running with Lightroom 3.
The Library module is the place where the real magic happens in Lightroom.…This is where you'll process your photos, using sliders and other…straightforward controls to apply adjustments that are nondestructive of your…original photographs.…Let's take a quick tour of the Develop module interface before we look at its…controls in upcoming movies.…The layout of the Develop module is just like the Library module;…there is the same bar up here with the module picker and at the bottom, there…is the same filmstrip with thumbnails of photos that are located in the selected source.…
The source is selected back in the library.…And here you can see a path to the selected photo inside of that source folder.…There is no Grid view in the Develop module as there is in the Library module,…but you can use the filmstrip to select a photo here without having to go back…to the Library module to select a photo to work on.…The selected photo is displayed up here in the main window as you work on it.…By default, this window is set to Loupe view, and this is the same Loupe view…
- Understanding Lightroom catalogs
- Importing photos from multiple sources
- Organizing photos with ratings, keywords, and collections
- Working with virtual copies
- Making basic corrections to photo color and tone
- Making local photo edits with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Removing spots from multiple photos at once
- Reducing digital noise and sharpening
- Cropping and straightening
- Printing and exporting edited photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
2. Organizing Photos
3. Learning the Basics of the Develop Module
4. Making Basic Photo Corrections
5. Correcting Part of a Photo
6. Photo Finishing
7. Sharing Your Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.