Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Tools overview and differences, part of Lightroom and Photoshop CC Photography Workflow Strategies.
- Okay. We took a quick walk through the Develop module.…But let's talk a little bit about the tools…that are available in here, because they work…a little bit differently than they do in Photoshop.…In the case of something like Crop,…which is the first on the left here,…it's actually quite a bit more flexible.…It's natively non-destructive, which means,…that if I crop something, I can uncrop it later.…The other thing to know about this,…if I cycle the "O" key, I'm going to get…a really nice preview here that's going to…help me with my composition.…And while I don't normally advocate using the tools…before you've worked the entire image, Crop is an exception.…
You often do want to compose your image before you edit it.…I'm pretty happy with how this looks,…but just for the sake of showing you what it does,…let's just move in a bit on it, and crop.…I can do that either by double-clicking it,…or hitting the Done button.…And just like anything here, if I come back to my Crop tool,…you'll notice that my full image remains there.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshopwith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 39m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.