Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Tone: Basic and Curve, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] Alright so we've established…a nice color temperature and tint.…The image looks a lot better.…Now what we want to do is adjust the tonality of it…and there's a lot of stuff we can do here.…Before I do that,…I'm going to go ahead and switch to a full screen view…just for your own viewing pleasure.…So we can again see that much more of the image.…So we've got a nice big view of our image…and we're going to work down through this.…I'm going to focus on the tonal controls here…and then we're going to go a little deeper into the tone curve…which is of course very powerful,…not as intimidating as it is…in other applications like Photoshop.…
So the first thing that I should note here,…I want to sort of dispel a myth.…Auto is very very powerful…in the develop module.…Because what auto is doing is it's looking at the histogram…and it's comparing the contents of the histogram…to a library…of photographs taken by professionals.…So the first thing I want to encourage you to do…with the tonality of your image…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.