Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Tethering with Olympus Capture, part of Tethered Shooting Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- If you own an Olympus camera,…it's also possible to tether.…Olympus makes its own software which is quite feature rich.…Now, I'm using a PocketWizard here,…which doesn't normally communicate with the camera itself,…so I'll have to make some manual adjustments as I shoot.…But it can trigger the flash, it just has a hard time…communicating some of the back and forth…information about power.…But it still works quite well.…I've got the camera attached with the proprietary USB cable.…Remember, your Olympus camera comes with a proprietary cable…and I have found that third party cables can be finicky,…so you might want to try a few manufacturers…if you've lost your original cable.…
You'll want to make sure that that's connected…and then run it into your computer.…Once you've done that, you can then upload…and run the software.…Now, I've got it connected here,…and you see it's giving us a live view,…which is pretty cool, and we have a lot of controls.…You'll notice, for example, that you can actually adjust…a whole bunch of settings here,…
These techniques work well both in the studio and in the field, so you'll be prepared for all tethered shooting scenarios.
- The benefits and drawbacks of tethered shooting
- Creating a stable platform
- Tethering the camera
- Building a tethered station
- Tethering with Lightroom, Aperture, and more
- Choosing a wireless memory card
- Connecting a CamRanger
- Shooting with a GoPro
- Tethering with software
Skill Level Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Shooting with Wireless Flash: Product Shotswith Jim Sugar39m 34s Intermediate
1.What Is Tethered Shooting?
2. The Shooting Environment
3. Tethering the Camera
4. Building the Tethered Station
5. Software Solutions for Tethering
6. Shooting Wireless
Choosing a card1m 54s
7. Shooting Wireless with a CamRanger
8. Wireless Shooting with GoPro Cameras
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.