Join Richard Harrington for an in-depth discussion in this video Tethering with Canon's EOS Utility, part 2, part of Tethered Shooting Fundamentals.
- View Offline
- Let's take a look at Canon's capture solution,…which is available to anybody who purchases a Canon camera.…Now for Nikon users the Nikon solution costs extra…and I think it's a bit expensive,…plus it hasn't been updated in a really long time.…So I've swapped to a Canon body…just to show you the Canon solution.…For Nikon users I'm gonna have some ideas for you…in just a second.…I'm gonna go ahead and launch Canon's software…and what you're gonna do is decide what you wanna do…when you launch it.…I'm gonna use Control Camera here…and do Camera settings and Remote shooting.…
Once I trigger that it opens up a new window.…You can click Preferences here…to make a few adjustments…and this lets you say what sort of format is gonna transfer.…Do you want the RAWs, the JPEGs, et cetera?…If this is unchecked and you're shooting RAW+JPEG…both the RAW and the JPEG transfer.…Otherwise if you are shooting RAW or JPEG…just those transfer,…or in this mode just the JPEG files.…Now we've got the ability here…to automatically control things a bit.…
These techniques work well both in the studio and in the field, so you'll be prepared for all tethered shooting scenarios.
- The benefits and drawbacks of tethered shooting
- Creating a stable platform
- Tethering the camera
- Building a tethered station
- Tethering with Lightroom, Aperture, and more
- Choosing a wireless memory card
- Connecting a CamRanger
- Shooting with a GoPro
- Tethering with software
Skill Level Beginner
Architectural Photography: Interiorswith Richard Klein58m 20s Intermediate
Shooting with Wireless Flash: Product Shotswith Jim Sugar39m 34s Intermediate
1.What Is Tethered Shooting?
2. The Shooting Environment
3. Tethering the Camera
4. Building the Tethered Station
5. Software Solutions for Tethering
6. Shooting Wireless
Choosing a card1m 54s
7. Shooting Wireless with a CamRanger
8. Wireless Shooting with GoPro Cameras
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.