Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Synching settings, part of Lightroom: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] One of the best ways to save time…is to reuse work from another file.…Let me show you what I mean.…If we come in here and look at…some of the files that I've edited,…let's say that I really like the black and white treatment…that we did on this image, and I want to share it…with another landscape image.…Well, I could try to remember everything that I did to it…or I could simply copy the instructions from one…and sync it with the other.…The way that that works is let's say I want to use…the parameters of this image…on this image of the barn over here.…
They're different, but I bet I get an interesting result,…and it might be a quick way to make it black and white.…So, with my master image selected,…I'm just going to Command+Click on the image I want to target…and I'm going to say, let's sync settings.…So, here in the library I select the image I want to copy from…to the image I want to share with it,…sync settings, and say what do you want to share.…It wisely knows that probably not local adjustments…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
Lightroom CC 2015 Essential Trainingwith Chris Orwig5h 59m Beginner
Learning Lightroom 6 and Lightroom CCwith Jan Kabili5h 14m Beginner
Lightroom and Photoshop: Workflow Strategieswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes2h 23m Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.