The Geometry panel in Lightroom offers multiple controls for aligning horizontal and vertical lines in a photo. In this video, learn how to easily straighten architectural images with Geometry controls in Lightroom.
- [Instructor] Geometry is great … for straightening architectural images. … We expect a building's vertical and horizontal lines … to be aligned, … but capturing perfectly perpendicular or level lines … is challenging, … even for experienced photographers. … When a building a photographed from ground level … with the camera aimed up, … a perspective effected called keystoning happens. … We see here, in this iPhone photo, … the keystoning of the vertical lines converging in … towards the top of the frame. … Fixing these kinds of alignment issues … is easy with Lightroom's geometry. … Geometry's found at the bottom of the edit panel. … You can toggle this open here … or jump to it with a Command or Control + Six. … It doesn't look like there's a lot here, … but if you look at where it says upright off, … there's some presets in here, including auto. … I always start with auto and see what happens. … And on this image, … auto straightened this image up in one click. … It's pretty amazing how well it works. …
- Understanding the histogram
- Enhancing image details
- Adding a vignette effect
- Reducing noise
- Straightening a subject with geometry
- Making creative color adjustments for drama
- Reducing distractions
- Highlighting your subject
- Adding and smoothing detail
- Exporting photos
- Selecting file options for web or print
Skill Level Beginner
Simple Photo Edits On Your Phonewith Tracey Clark1h 48m Intermediate
Learning the Lightroom Ecosystemwith Theresa Jackson1h 39m Intermediate
1. The Basics: Composition, Tone, Color
2. Beyond the Basics: Effects and Detail
3. Selective Edits for Impact
4. Get Photos Out of Lightroom
Do you need Photoshop?4m 17s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.