Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Sorting photos, part of Lightroom 5 Essentials: 02 Managing Images with the Library Module.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
When it comes to rating, ranking, filtering, and finding your photographs,…another feature which may come in handy allows you to sort your pictures in some…unique ways. In this particular folder of images I have…images which are rated or ranked differently.…And what I want to do is be able to sort these images so that I can start to sort…them, so that the better photographs are near the top.…So here, let's go ahead and tap the J key. When you tap the J key, what it will allow…you to do is to change your view here. We now have the expanded view, in this…case I have these options which show me the star rating.…
We have one photograph with the 4 star, another one with the 2, others with 3 star ratings.…I want the higher star rated photographs to be near the top, to change this click…on this menu item here in the toolbar. Now if your toolbar isn't visible, tap the…T key, that allows you to show and hide that.…Then click on this icon. And I want to choose the option for Sorting.…In turning this on, you can Sort by a number of different criteria.…
- Adding flags, stars, and labels to images
- Filtering your library by text, metadata, and file type
- Stacking photos into groups
- Creating a collection to group images
- Tagging images with locations
- Processing images in the Library module
- Viewing and editing videos
- Working with the DNG file format
- Adding copyright metadata to photos
- Adding keywords
- Opening images in Photoshop
- Exporting, emailing, and publishing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Rating, Ranking, and Labeling Your Photographs
2. Filtering and Finding Photographs
3. Organizing with Collections
4. Managing Images with the Map Module
Creating saved locations4m 41s
5. Processing Images in the Library Module
6. Viewing and Editing Videos
7. Exporting and Publishing Videos
8. Working with the DNG File Format
9. Working with Metadata
10. Opening Images in Photoshop
11. Exporting, Emailing, and Publishing Photographs
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.