Once you complete your shoot, you’ll have lots of images to sort through. This two-pass rating system for Capture One Pro will help you identify the best quickly. In this video, Derrick Story explains how.
- [Instructor] I have quite a few shots of Max…from our portrait shoot,…and I want to whittle them down…to just a handful of my favorites…to start with the image editing.…Now I don't want to spend a whole lot of time…trying to fine-tune all these shots.…I just want to find the best ones, at least for round one,…work on those, show those to Max,…and then we'll go from there.…So what I use is the two pass system,…and I'm here in Capture One Pro.…And what I do is the first time through,…I just go through and I rate an image…with either two stars or no stars.…
It's one or the other.…So if the image is not acceptable in my mind,…it gets no stars at all.…If it has potential it gets two stars.…And you can see that we have a number of both here.…(instructor laughing)…Two star shots and no star shots.…Now that is the first time through…and that gives me a chance to look at all the images…in this particular part of the shoot.…Then what I like to do is use a filter…and just look at the two star shots,…and then elevate my favorites…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.