Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Solution: Creating vivid colors, part of Lightroom: Creative Color.
- Hey, welcome back from your challenge!…I hope that went well, hope it wasn't frustrating at all,…but just some fun, because…that's really the point here, is to have some fun…with some of these basic controls,…to bring out some vibrant and vivid color.…Alright, well for the Solution movie,…let me walk through these three images.…This first one is a photograph of an…abandoned farmhouse in Tuscany.…The color temperature looks good, so I will skip that,…although, sometimes if I'm not sure if it's good,…I will drag the slider around a little bit.…When I drag this around, I can see…the blue overpowers things, the yellow is too yellow,…so I'll just leave it as-is.…
I may come back to that, but probably not.…Next, go to my exposure controls, brighten it up…a little bit, add some contrast.…This one's almost textbook, right?…I'm just going to walk through these controls:…highlights, drop down; shadows, come up;…whites, leave there; blacks, darken those up…just a little bit,…and then down below for my clarity, oh yeah,…
- Using the core color tools
- Changing a background color
- Painting in a new hair color
- Working on a landscape
- Fine-tuning color with split toning
- Working with the HSL controls
- Creating your own color presets
- Finding and managing third-party color presets
- Crafting unique color looks
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Basic Panel Color Controls
2. Selective Color Adjustments
3. Split Toning
Solution: Split toning4m 15s
4. The Power of HSL
6. Crafting Unique Color Looks
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.