Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Smart filter, part of Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop: Black and White Photography.
- Okay. We've looked at how powerful raw processing is…in Lightroom and in Photoshop with the Camera Raw plug in.…i wanna show you how to leverage that…with non-raw files from Photoshop.…So, let's come in here to our Exercise Files.…And if you're following along without these,…just pick any file that's not a raw file.…In this case, I'm gonna use this psd right here.…And in Photoshop CC and any version of CC,…I can come in here and I have Camera Raw as a filter.…So, all of my esoteric files,…whatever they might be,…can pop into Camera Raw.…
And I can do all the different stuff I might do in here.…Let's make this just a really flat file.…Show you how it works.…Now, the problem is once I'm back in Photoshop,…that's rendered into pixels.…So, let's revert that,…and I wanna show you a better way to do it.…If you first come in here and convert this to Smart Filters,…it's very much like Smart Objects,…it will allow it to remain editable.…So, if I then come in and go to the Camera Raw Filter,…and I make this image really flat,…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.