Many photographers believe that watermarks help them protect their images shared online. In this video, Derrick Story covers the pros and cons of this technique.
- [Presenter] I do get questions about watermarks…from photographers that are getting…into the portrait business, and I wanted you…to see my gallery presentation,…the movie that was before this one,…before I talked about them…because I think it'll make this make a little more sense.…So, generally speaking, I don't use watermarks.…I'm not so sure that they prevent people…from taking your images.…I really don't like the big watermarks…that go across the face and so forth…because I just feel like it detracts from the enjoyment…of the image from the person that you're delivering them to.…
And if I do do a watermark, it's usually something…very tiny, (laughs) like this one down here.…And that's rare in itself that I would even do that.…So why don't I do watermarks?…Well, as you saw in the previous movie, if you watched it,…where I do the gallery; one of the approaches…that I take with the gallery is…that if I'm gonna deliver high-resolution images…as the final product, in other words,…I'm not gonna be making prints and things like that,…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.