Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharpening, part of Up and Running with Lightroom 4.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
The very act of capturing a photograph digitally introduces some softness into the photo.…If you shoot JPEGs, your digital camera probably tries to correct for that. …But if you shoot RAW photos those come out of your camera uncorrected …and without sharpening treatment.…To compensate for the inherent softness in a digital photo, particularly a …RAW photo, you can specify sharpening settings here in the Detail panel …of Lightroom's Develop module.…This is the same Detail panel that I showed you in the last movie on noise reduction.…If your Detail panel isn't open, you can open it by clicking the triangle on the…right of the Detail header.…
Before you start with the sharpening settings you do want to come down to the…Noise Reduction section and tweak those settings, because otherwise you might …end up sharpening specks of digital noise.…Now before I show you how to change the sharpening settings, keep in mind …that its fine in many cases to leave these settings at their defaults.…There are couple of reasons for that.…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.