Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharpening globally and locally, part of Lightroom and Photoshop CC Photography Workflow Strategies.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
- Sharpening is an important part of any workflow,…and you can definitely do some of it in Lightroom.…Let me show you really quickly…what Sharpening looks like in Lightroom…before we'd look at it in Photoshop,…which is a little bit more powerful.…So we're going to come over to the Develop module…and we're just going to move down…to our Detail section.…And we've got a nice loop here…which is going to allow us to place…the target…on where I believe the image is in focus.…And it wasn't focused.…It's just a little bit soft.…It's just not perfect.…
And Sharpening is really an optical illusion…but you can use to…make things pop a little bit more,…to create more contrast along the edges.…So I could just pull these sliders…and things would definitely change.…But the way to use this in Lightroom…is to hold the Option or Alt key…and you're temporarily going to get…a monochromatic preview.…Just makes it that much easier…to see your image.…It makes that much sense where,…if I move the slider on Radius on its own,…I can't really tell what's happening.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshopwith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 39m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.