Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharpening: Global and variable, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- Alright, let's go back to the grid and talk…about sharpening, and for sharpening I'm going to…pick an image that's already pretty done.…This image here I've spent a bunch of time on,…had great lighting, it's a good image…to talk about sharpening because sometimes…you want to sharpen the whole image…and sometimes you don't.…So, again, to start, I'm going to hit D,…it's going to pop us into the develop module.…This is a flattened out file that I brought…in from Photoshop.…So, unlike a raw file, it doesn't show any of my edits.…I edited a raw file, I sent it over to Photoshop…and did some work, saved it out as a PSD.…
As far as Lightroom knows it's no longer a raw file,…but I am still able to use it here,…and it's important to stress that I can use…JPEGs, I can use TIFs, I can use PSDs…alongside my other files in the develop module…just as I would use a raw file.…I'm going to lose a lot of my editability,…but, in this case, the image is mostly done.…So, for sharpening, we're just going to move…all the way down here to detail,…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.