Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Sharing your images via social media, part of Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshop.
- Okay so now that we've learned how to make…beautiful black and white images in Lightroom and Photoshop,…let's talk about what we do with them from here.…Now using a layer-based workflow in Photoshop,…you want to make sure you Save As a PSD file,…that's going to keep things in their most pristine shape,…and you can re-edit them.…Other formats that support layers…are TIFF, or PSD, also know as the Large Document Format.…If you're using Lightroom, you're always working…in the present, you're always working…with the best possible version.…If you do want to send an image…out of Photoshop or out of Lightroom,…then you just want to export it.…
And in Photoshop, what you want to do is make sure…that you change the size to something good for the web.…I would usually think in terms of pixels.…So, you know, something like 1200 pixels.…And you can see its much smaller than…the files we've been using.…One place to do it is right there…in the Image Size dialog.…The other place to do it would be in Save for Web.…And the advantage to Save for Web…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Foundations of Photography: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 4m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.