Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting white balance, part of Learning Lightroom 3.
The White Balance controls in the Basic panel of the Develop module are usually…the first stop in the exciting process of adjusting a photo in Lightroom.…In this chapter, I'll walk you through my basic photo-correction workflow in…this Basic panel, starting here with the White Balance adjustment.…As I've said, the Basic panel contains the essential controls for…correcting tone and color.…The nice thing about the Basic panel is that its controls are presented in the…order in which you'll usually use them, with a little variation.…You don't have to tackle adjustments in a particular order in Lightroom, but I…think it makes sense to start with white balance in most cases, because a color-…cast can affect your perception of the other variables you'll be adjusting.…
Before I get started adjusting the white balance, I'd like to change my…workspace around a little to make it easier to work here.…I'm going to start by widening the right panel group, moving my mouse over the…border of that panel group and dragging as far to the left as I can and that…
- Understanding Lightroom catalogs
- Importing photos from multiple sources
- Organizing photos with ratings, keywords, and collections
- Working with virtual copies
- Making basic corrections to photo color and tone
- Making local photo edits with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Removing spots from multiple photos at once
- Reducing digital noise and sharpening
- Cropping and straightening
- Printing and exporting edited photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
2. Organizing Photos
3. Learning the Basics of the Develop Module
4. Making Basic Photo Corrections
5. Correcting Part of a Photo
6. Photo Finishing
7. Sharing Your Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.