Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting white balance in the Basic panel, part of Up and Running with Lightroom 4.
- View Offline
- Exercise Files
For many of you, the main reason to use Lightroom will be to take advantage of…its powerful photo processing controls.…As you process an image, your goal is to develop the colors and tones in the…photo to match your vision of the scene.…When you're ready to process your photos, the Basic panel here in the Develop…module is to place the start.…And in many cases, it's where you're going to end too.…Because the settings and just this one Basic panel, are often all you'll need to…get the look you want in a photo.…So, I'm focusing on the Basic panel in this processing portion of the course, …and I'm devoting the rest of this chapter to looking at the controls…in the Basic panel.…
One thing that makes the sliders in the Basic panel so useful, is that they come…with a simple, built in workflow. And that is, that the order in which the…sliders appear in the Basic panel is the recommended order in which to use them.…The idea is to start with the White Balance section at the top of the panel and…work your way down through the sliders in order.…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.