Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting Clarity and Vibrance, part of Up and Running with Lightroom 3.
Down at the bottom of the Basic panel in the section called Presence are two…sliders that can add that extra punch that a photo often needs to stand out.…These are the Clarity slider for enhancing midtone contrast and the Vibrance…slider for kicking up color intensity.…Increasing the Clarity slider is so good at adding snap to a wide variety of…photos that I think of it as Lightroom's secret weapon.…Clarity works on the midtones in particular, boosting midtone contrast and…bringing out details there.…The effect is often to give a photo more depth.…
Let's see Clarity in action on this photo.…First, I can see from the histogram that I need to set a white point and a black…point in this photo.…To set the white point, I'll drag the Exposure slider over to the right as I've…shown you how to do in earlier movies, and to set the black point I'll drag the…Black slider over to the right as I've shown you before also.…Let's see what increasing Clarity does to this photo.…Keep your eye on the clouds and also on this part of the mountain up here as I…
- Understanding Lightroom catalogs
- Importing photos from multiple sources
- Organizing photos with ratings, keywords, and collections
- Working with virtual copies
- Making basic corrections to photo color and tone
- Making local photo edits with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Removing spots from multiple photos at once
- Reducing digital noise and sharpening
- Cropping and straightening
- Printing and exporting edited photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos
2. Organizing Photos
3. Learning the Basics of the Develop Module
4. Making Basic Photo Corrections
5. Correcting Part of a Photo
6. Photo Finishing
7. Sharing Your Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.