Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Selections, edits, and timesaving tricks, part of Lightroom and Photoshop CC Photography Workflow Strategies.
- One of the most powerful things you can do in Photoshop…is selective editing,…and you've got several different tools for that.…I want to show you the best tool to do that.…But before we do, let's think about…what we talked about before,…which is taking our image as far as possible…before we move over there,…because we do compromise some of our editing…as soon as we pass the file to Photoshop.…So this is going to be a challenging selection.…We're going to try to select this guy's face.…But before we do that, let's move into…the Develop module and make any changes…that we want to make.…It might be that we start with a Preset…or just some quick changes in the Develop module.…
I'm going to let Auto take a guess.…And I'm not really thrilled with what it came up with,…so I'm going to darken that a little.…I'm going to pull in the highlights,…maybe open up the shadows,…add a little bit of clarity,…zoom in on the lion here to make sure.…It still looks good.…Okay, at this point, I'm happy with the file.…So, anywhere in the process, I could right-click on this…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshopwith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 39m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.