Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Revisiting edits, part of Using Lightroom and Photoshop Together.
- View Offline
Throughout this chapter I have been taking you through some very simple…workflows starting in Lightroom, taking your file into Photoshop to add some…more edits there, and then bringing it back to see it in the Lightroom catalog.…But in reality, you might go back and forth several times between Lightroom and…Photoshop or another external editor in that fashion.…So I wanted to show you how that works with this example.…Again, I am just going to do the same simple edits to keep things in parity.…So here in the Lightroom Develop module, with this PSD, I am going turn it to…black and white, and then I am going to tweak the sliders to taste.…
And then I'll pass it over to Photoshop, Cmd+E on the Mac, Ctrl+E on the PC.…I will go with Edit a Copy with Lightroom Adjustments this time, and I'll click Edit.…Here in Photoshop, as I've been doing all along, I'll add a type layer,and…then I'll save the file.…I'll press Cmd+S on the keyboard.…Now I'll go back to Lightroom, and there is the copy of my file with the…
In this course, photographer and author Jan Kabili shows how to combine both programs. The course begins with details on how to set up the two programs for maximum compatibility. The course then covers strategies for working with photos in a variety of formats, sending them from Lightroom to Photoshop to viewing the edited results in Lightroom. The final chapter demonstrates several real-world scenarios for using Lightroom and Photoshop together.
- Setting the Lightroom preferences for editing in Photoshop
- Passing photos from Lightroom to Photoshop
- Handling software version mismatches
- Viewing and organizing Photoshop-edited photos in Lightroom
- Creating Lightroom presets for external editing
- Using Lightroom with Photoshop Elements
- Building a panorama with Lightroom and Photoshop
- Passing multiple photos to Photoshop for compositing
- Sending photos to Photoshop for retouching and removing content
- Bringing photos into Photoshop to add text and graphics