Join Derrick Story for an in-depth discussion in this video Review additional accessories for the outdoor portrait shoot, part of Portrait Photography: High School Seniors.
- Earlier I talked about the basic camera gear…that I use for a portrait shoot,…but I also bring some accessories that come in very handy.…And I thought I'd start with the camera bag open here,…because I think one of the most important accessories,…especially when I'm shooting outside is the lens hood.…Now, when you shoot Canon, and I think Nikon also,…and some other brands, these cost extra.…They don't always come with the lens.…Sometimes yes, sometimes no.…Unfortunately, a lotta times no.…I do think they're worth the investment.…
They help shade the sun off the front of the lens…to prevent flare and they also protect the front of the lens…against accidental banging and things like that.…So you notice that I have lens hoods…for all of my lens…and I think they're an important accessory.…I hate buying them, but once I do, I'm done with it.…Now also in my camera bag…I have something called a Lollipod.…And I don't always wanna carry light stands with me,…they're kinda bulky and difficult,…but it's good to have something…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.