Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Retouching, part of Lightroom Classic CC: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] One of the most popular uses…of Photoshop is for retouching…and there are so many different tools for doing that.…But let me just show you, at a very high level,…some of what we can do, moving from Lightroom over…to Photoshop.…For that, I'm going to go ahead and use this image of a car,…which I've taken about as far as I can take it…in Lightroom.…Maybe I want to touch it up just a little over in Photoshop,…so I'm going to hit Command + E to send a copy over…to Photoshop.…And what happens is that Photoshop launches,…a duplicate image is created, and it opens over there…in Photoshop and I've got all of my tools that I know…and love in Photoshop.…
So, any time I'm retouching,…I'm going to hit the Zoom tool twice, just to come in there…at 100%.…And then I can do all sorts of things that I would only do…over here in Photoshop or that I would do best in Photoshop.…We had some basic healing tools in Lightroom.…They are that much more powerful here.…The Spot Healing tool is something that I'll often use…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.