Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Retouching and the adjustment brush, part of Lightroom Classic CC: Mastering the Develop Module (2017).
- [Instructor] Most of the time…when we talk about Lightroom,…we're talking about a place to either catalog our images…or in the case of the develop module…to edit our images.…And where we usually stop with that workflow…and move to Photoshop…is when it comes to retouching.…But what I want to show you…is that you can do some minimal retouching…in Lightroom.…And you might even be surprised…just how far you can take it.…There are benefits and there are limitations.…Let's start first with a pretty straighforward example…which is this one here which has quite a bit…of a lens flare in it.…
There's a lot of things wrong with this image.…But the most problematic stuff is down at the bottom there…with the lens flare.…So I'm going to go into the develop module…and I'm going to use one of my favorite tools here…which is our spot removal tool.…And there's two options for it.…There's clone and heal.…My counsel is to pretty much leave it on heal.…Clone will take a literal stamp of one area…where heal will blend the edges.…And you want to give yourself a midsize brush.…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Adobe Director of Product Management Bryan O'Neil Hughes explores the Develop module in-depth, stepping through the module's core tools and sharing insights along the way. The course concludes with chapters on essential time-saving shortcuts and on taking photos from Lightroom Classic CC to Photoshop for further enhancement.
- Order of operations
- White balance, tone, and color
- Lens correction and perspective control
- Applying presets on import
- Syncing files
- Lightroom across devices (iOS, Android, and the web)
- Moving to Photoshop
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Develop: Reviewing the Basics
2. The Develop Module in Depth
3. Develop Tools
4. Saving Time
5. Beyond the Desktop
6. Beyond Lightroom
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.