Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Resizing and rescaling, part of Lightroom and Photoshop CC Photography Workflow Strategies.
- Okay, let's talk for a moment about resizing,…rescaling images, and getting the most out of them.…If we have an even decent image…we can actually use Photoshop…to make it much larger.…Even if it's an eight megapixel image,…it's no problem whatsoever to stretch that…up to 12 megapixels.…But there's a couple of tricks that you should know.…So, as before, let's just send this over…to Photoshop.…And I'm going to send it as a flat file,…as a non-Smart Object,…because I want to show you another example…of what Smart Objects are.…
So as we can see this is a 36 megabyte file,…it's a large file,…and if I come in here to the Image Size dialog…we can see there's a tremendous amount of information.…240 pixels, 18 by 12,…huge file.…Let's switch this to Pixels…and we can see that it's enormous.…And let's do something just ridiculous to it,…which you may have done at some point using Photoshop,…instead of making it 2900 Pixels wide,…let's make it 20 Pixels wide.…Okay, let's say I'm using this…for a tiny little thumbnail or something,…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
In this course, Bryan O'Neil Hughes describes a modern photographic workflow that pairs Photoshop with Lightroom. Learn the differences between a Bridge and ACR workflow and a Lightroom workflow, and see how to take advantage of Lightroom's features to work more efficiently.
And because the world is going mobile, Bryan also shares insights into where Lightroom for mobile fits into today's photographic workflow.
- Capturing images
- Importing images in Lightroom
- Working with HDR images and panoramas
- Developing photos in Lightroom vs. Camera Raw
- Getting the most from Photoshop's tools
- Going beyond the desktop with Adobe mobile apps, CC Libraries, and Behance
- Putting it all together in a streamlined workflow
Skill Level Intermediate
Black and White with Lightroom and Photoshopwith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 39m Intermediate
Enhancing a Travel Photo with Photoshop and Lightroomwith Jan Kabili54m 49s Intermediate
1. Capture: It's All About the Input
Capture has changed1m 15s
2. Lightroom Import and Library
3. Lightroom Develop
4. Photoshop's Role
5. Beyond the Desktop
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.