Join Jan Kabili for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing spots, part of Learning Lightroom 4.
The Spot Removal tool is another one of the local adjustment tools in Lightroom 4.…It comes in so handy for removing blemishes on a portrait, for removing…distractions like this bird that flew into my photograph, or even for quickly…removing spots caused by dirt on your camera lens or your sensor, for multiple…photographs at once.…So first let's see how it works and then I'll show you how to quickly …apply it to multiple photos.…I'll move over to the column on the right.…And I'll click the Spot Removal tool which is here in the tool strip above the…Basic panel and that opens the Spot Removal panel.…
Here, I'll make sure that Heal is selected.…In most cases, that works better than the other option which is Clone.…What Heal is going to do is copy some content from one area of the photo and…place it down on top of the thing that I want to remove, the bird, and then it's…going to blend those good pixels in with the surrounding area so you won't see a scene.…That works well most of the time. Sometimes the spot removal with heal selected…
- What is Lightroom used for?
- Importing photos and videos
- Organizing your library with collections
- Adding keywords and ratings to photos
- Cropping and straightening photos
- Adjusting color and white balance
- Reducing digital noise
- Working with video
- Making changes with the Adjustment Brush and Graduated Filter tools
- Sharing photos on Facebook
- Printing photos
Skill Level Beginner
1. Importing Photos and Video
2. Managing Photos and Video in the Library Module
3. Editing Photos in the Develop Module
4. Correcting Part of a Photo
Removing spots4m 44s
5. Sharing and Printing Photos
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.