Join Chris Orwig for an in-depth discussion in this video Removing haze with the Dehaze control, part of Lightroom Classic CC New Features.
- In this movie, I want to introduce you…to a new feature which is called Dehaze.…We'll start off with this photograph here.…And I'm gonna collapse the panels on the left,…so that we can see this image better.…It was captured up in Mendocino…on a little bit of a foggy day.…What I want to do is remove some of the fog,…and to do that, we'll go to the Develop module.…And in the Develop module,…open up the Effects panel.…And at the bottom of the Effects panel,…we will encounter a new control…which is called Dehaze.…As we drag this to the left,…what we'll see is that it's gonna add…more haze or fog to the image.…
The image becomes less saturated, less distinct.…As we drag it to the right,…the opposite takes place.…Here you can see,…we're adding more definition to the photograph.…Here's our before and here's the after.…As I drag this further to the right,…we have more and more definition…in that area of the image.…We also have more color saturation,…which we'll talk about more in just a moment.…Yet first, let's keep things simple.…
Skill Level Intermediate
Q: This course was updated on 02/05/2016. What changed?
A: We added one new movie, "Boundary Warp for better pano photos."
Q: This course was updated on 10/18/2017. What changed?
A: New videos were added that cover new localized masking, color masking on a landscape, luminance masking on a landscape, and localized masking.
1. Library Module: Face Recognition
2. Library Module: Photo Merge
3. Library Module: Workflow
4. Develop Module: Image Enhancements
5. Slideshow and Web Modules
6. Develop Module: Selective Adjustments
Color masking on a landscape3m 40s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.