Most mobile devices default to JPG mode for image capture. But many of them are capable of capturing in RAW as well. In this video, Derrick Story explains how.
- [Instructor] Earlier, I talked about capturing RAW + JPEG,…if you're shooting with a mirrorless camera.…Particularly good if you're applying effects,…because those effects go to the JPEGs,…and than your RAW files are your safety net.…Well actually you can do that with your smartphone too,…and whether it's an iOS device or an Android device,…they all have apps that allow you to capture in RAW.…Right now, we're looking at the preferences screen…for an app that I like, called Camera+ 2,…and it allows me to capture in RAW Lightroom mobile,…provides that same functionality for both Android and iOS,…and many others.…
Once you decide which app you want to use,…then you open up the preferences, and in my case,…I'm doing both JPEG and RAW, because I want both.…JPEGs are much easier to share, especially directly…from the phone, right after the shoot,…or even during the shoot, and then later on,…I can work on those RAW files, either on my mobile device,…or, as I normally do, upload them to the computer…and work on them there with my editing tools.…
- Guidelines for senior portraits
- Setting up a portable studio
- Posing subjects
- Shooting outside
- Working with family members
- Using mirrorless cameras and smartphones
- Editing senior portraits
- Exporting and delivering images
Skill Level Intermediate
Learning Natural Light Portrait Photographywith Chris Orwig2h 30m Intermediate
Up-Close Portrait Photography: Start to Finishwith Chris Orwig2h 5m Intermediate
1. The Basic Guidelines and Business of Portraiture
2. Studio Space and Posing Options
3. Working with Family Members and Shooting Outside
4. Using Mirrorless and Smartphones for Portraits
5. Sort and Organize the Photo Shoot
6. Edit and Enhance Your Selects
7. Deliver the Images
Next steps1m 22s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.