Join Bryan O'Neil Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Pulling it all together in a single image, part of Lightroom Classic CC 2015 and Photoshop: Black-and-White Photography.
- Okay, we've covered a lot of ground.…We've talked about a lot of different features…over a variety of different products…and I wanted to wrap things up…by walking through one file…and just sort of going through…a whole bunch of the things we've learned.…So here we are in the Library in Lightroom…and there's this file here.…It's relatively low resolution…which makes it a prime candidate for black and white…because we're gonna hide some of the artifacts.…It's from a mobile phone,…which is a very common use case.…We could pass it through a RAW workflow…even though it's not a RAW file…and if you don't have this file,…you certainly have other ones you could use.…
So, the first thing I'll do is going to the Develop module…and look at some of my presets…and I get really nice previews as I go.…There's a good chance I'm gonna find…something I'm looking for in here…and it's gonna save me a bunch of time…or it's something that I can iterate upon.…But in the interest of making sure…we learn as much as possible,…let's just pretend we didn't find what we wanted…
AuthorBryan O'Neil Hughes
- Why black and white?
- Shooting with black and white in mind
- Preparing color images
- Black-and-white mixing and adding toning
- Utilizing presets effectively
- Creating black-and-white HDR images with Lightroom Classic CC and Photoshop
- Taking advantage of black-and-white adjustment layers
- Adjusting the toning of images
- Working with the Silver Efex plugin
- Converting to black and white on the go
Skill Level Intermediate
Photography Foundations: Black and Whitewith Ben Long3h 3m Intermediate
Photoshop Insider Training: Enhancing Photoswith Bryan O'Neil Hughes1h 37m Intermediate
1. Black-and-White Considerations
Thinking in black and white1m 23s
2. Black-and-White First Steps in Lightroom
3. Black and White in Photoshop
5. An End-to-End Workflow
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.